Looking for something warm and satisfying on a cold evening? Try these jarred Queso Dip makeovers:
Creamy Cheese soup-
One jar of Queso dip
1 tbls butter or margarine
1 whole onion, finely diced
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock (or water)
2 cups of milk
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add stock or water & milk and heat just to boiling, stirring constantly.
- In covered blender at medium speed, blend about 1/4 of soup mixture at a time until smooth. Return to saucepan and, over medium heat, heat just to boiling. Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk or slotted spoon, stir in cheese until melted.
- Extras: for something special top with chopped green onion, crumbled bacon, croutons or oyster crackers and ENJOY!
1 jar Queso dip
6 fajita shells
1 1/2 cups cooked & chopped chicken
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place fajita shells on baking sheet
- Spread 2 tbls queso dip on top of each shell
- Evenly distribute 1/4 cup of cooked/chopped chicken on one half of shell and fold over like a taco
- Bake 15 mins at 350 degrees or until cheese is bubbly and shells are nicely browned
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 mins
- Extras: put a spoonful each of sour cream and salsa on the plate for dipping and ENJOY!